Henry Watkins with whom Henry had learned to read and write. My maternal gr-grandfather was HENRY CLAY LEE, born in Indiana c.1832.He married Margaret Ellen Starkey in Placerville, CA in 1860. Signed sealed and acknowledged before us Henry Clay - LS - George Farrar his Alison X Clark Mark George Reny Turner ****************************************** above referenced - Will Book #2, pp. DNA evidence suggests that Senator Clay may have been the father of John Henry Clay, an ancestor of Mohammed Ali (Cassius Clay): https://www.flickr.com/photos/winstead/albums/72157712168119573, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=203. Source: aye ain't, 6/5/2012. Item. I give and bequeath unto my grandson Henry Clay two hundred and forty acres of land adjoining to James Hill to him and his heirs and assigns forever. Famous Statesman, Statesman, elected US Senator, Politician, Senator, us senator. This image depicts the title page of The Life and Speeches of Henry Clay, a book Abraham Lincoln selected in preparation for writing his first inaugural address.Courtesy of Ashland, the Henry Clay Estate John Clay, son of Henry Clay Courtesy Ashland, the Henry Clay Estate Abraham Lincoln sent the above letter on August 9, 1862, to John M. Clay, son of Kentucky statesman Henry Clay, to . In Witness whereof I have hereunto sett my hand and affixed my seal the day and year above written. Search; Account; Menu Schedule A Showing . 1. Presented by Richmond Chapter, Colonial Dames of The 17th Century .1957. He died of Nattles at the "Raells" during his annual birthday dinner to his descendants. We are pleased to share this information with you and will do our best to provide answers to your family history questions. . They lived and died in Chesterfield County, Virginia at the old place on the West side of Swift Creek. Antiquarian Society, 1820-1852. The Dowling Family Tree with over half a million relatives, Item: I give and bequeath to my granddaughter, Mary Clay, daughter of Charles Clay, one Negro girl named Phoebe. . 221 Henry Clay Rd, Ashland, VA is a single family home that contains 1,276 sq ft and was built in 1949. Records: 202. Died at Nattles and Raells on his annual birthday party dinner for his descendents at age 88. General Green Clay says that Henry Clay married Mary Mitchell daughter of William and Elizabeth Mitchell. Named . There are 8 other graves but they are marked with field stones. Part I consists of general correspondence relating primarily to politics; dispatches and instructions sent . Henry Clay Frick was born, from relatively modest Mennonite stock, on December 19, 1849, in West Overton, a rural community in southwestern Pennsylvania. Why did Henry Clay move to Kentucky? Fourth I give and bequeath unto my son, John Clay, the plantation whereon he now lives and all of my land on the north side of Swift Creek and upper side of Nuttree Run, to him and his heirs forever. ", Presented by Richmond Chapter, Colonial Dames of the 17th Century 1957. Copyright 2023 Ashland, The Henry Clay Estate. ft. home is a 2 bed, 1.0 bath property. 25 Nov 1672, d. 11 Aug 1759.) The stone reads: InMemory of HENRY CLAY Who died At dinner with His Children & Grand Children At an annual Festival given to them in August 1760. Famous as the "Great Pacificator" for his contributions to domestic policy, he emphasized economic development in his diplomacy. 3 Aug 1672 Henrico Co, VA, d. 3 Aug 1760, md. He was a member of the Church of Christ. It contains 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Possibly the county boundaries changed and a portion of Chesterfield County was taken into Henrico County and a later researcher found records of them in Henrico County. Will probated August 1765 His Will is recorded in the Sept.Term 1760 of Chesterfield Co.Vir. This Henry Clay is where our family meets Henry Clay, the statesman of Kentucky. Will was probated in Chesterfield Co. Va on Sept Term, Will probated in Sept. 1760, Chesterfield Court, Henrico Co., VA. His will mentions his wife and each of his sons and daughters. Henry Clay was born on 3 Aug 1672 in Dale Parish in Bedford or Henrico Co, VA; died 3 Aug 1760 at The Raells in Chesterfiled Co, VA; married Mary Mitchell in 1709 in Henrico Co, VA. http://www.coalexchange.com/smith/mcdowella/pafn612.htm#20729 ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ His tombstones reads: In Memory of Henry Clay "Who died at dinner with his children and grandchildren at an annual festival given them on August 3, 1760". Event Map . Grandfather of the statesman. ). The Clays are of English stock, and there are quite a few Clay families still in England, and also in other parts of the world.[1]. Joy Shivar 8/04/14. Gateway Press, Inc., 1989.One of two good resources on the family of Henry Clays stepfather Henry Watkins.. Item. (1829 - 1911) Photos: 47. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for POSTCARD Family Bedroom at Ashland Henry Clay Lexington Kentucky KY Chair at the best online prices at eBay! !PRF CD #18 - Henry CLAY b. Henry Clay family tree. Plan your perfect visit to historic Ashland. Frick began building and operating coke ovens in 1870, and the following year he organized Frick and Company. Item. Alos see Filson Club Publications #14, The CLAY Family [1899]. It can be found and purchased on the internet. Sell now. The second child of an immigrant farmer who married the daughter of a flour merchant and whisky distiller, Frick worked as a salesman in one of Pittsburgh's most prominent stores and became the well-paid chief bookkeeper of He was the great-grandfather of the famous Virginia statesman, Henry Clay. Ashland features a wide variety of year-round programming, exhibits, and events. 14. The Henry CLAY, of this will, is the common ancestor of the CLAYS of KY, being the grandfather of Dortor Henry CLAY, of Bourbon, of the Honorable Henry CLAY (great-grandson) of Ashland, of General Green CLAY, of Madison, and of Captain Thomas CLAY of Daviess Co., KY. Journal of Commerce The Funeral of. The following letter denotes the intimacy of the brothers: New Orleans, December 13, 1822. He was married about 1708-9 to Mary Mitchell, daughter of William and Elizabeth Mitchell, who lived and died and were buried in Chesterfield County, on the west side of Swift Creek, on the farm afterward occupied by Reverend Eleazer Clay. All were named in their fathers will probated at the September court 1760, in Chesterfield County Virginia, State Library, Richmond VA. 17th Century Colonial Ancestors Members of the Society of Colonial Dames" by Mary Louise Marshall Hutton: Clay, Henry (1672- 1760) Va; m Mary Mitchell, Landowner. 1796 - Studies law under Robert Brooke. contains thousands of pictures and GeneaStars. Term 1760 of Chesterfield Co., VA Court. Ashland was Henry Clays cherished home for nearly half a century. Cause of Death: d. at dinner table on his birthday. in Washington, D.C., USA, This form allows you to report an error or to submit additional information about this family tree: Henry CLAY (1777), Copyright Wikipdia authors - This article is under licence CC BY-SA 3.0. Amey Clay 1713 - 1772. Fifth. 1792 - The Watkinses move to Kentucky, leaving Henry in Richmond to study law; begins working for George Wythe. Home; Trees; Search; DNA; . This Henry Clay is the great grand-father of Henry Clay of Kentucky. A graduate of West Point, he served in the Mexican-American War and was killed in 1847 at the Battle of Buena Vista. Historical Person Search Search Search Results Results Henry Clay Hartley (1931 - 2000) . Item. He was a dominant figure in both the First and Second Party Systems. Research genealogy for Henry Clay Hartley of Davidson, North Carolina, as well as other members of the Hartley family, on Ancestry. IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER: YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO USE CAUTION WHEN DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE INFORMATION. Senatorship to fill the vacancy caused by the death of the Hon. Item. Ninth: I give and bequeath to my granddaughter, Mary Clay, daughter of Charles Clay (afterwards Mrs. Stephen Lockett), one negro girl, named Phoebe. [Langston Family File.FBK.F ===[145831.ftw] [Langston Family File.FBK.FTW] Will Proven Sept. 1760, [145831.ftw] [Langston Family File.FBK.FTW] Will Proven Sept. 1760, He was left Executor of his brother, Thomas,s Estate. Saved. Resided on Swift Creek in Henrico, later Chesterfield Co. Was an Indian Trader at one time 1711-12 traveling "as far beyond Carolina as it was to it". Born in Vermont, United States on Jan 1829 to Calvin Bixby and BETSEY PROCTOR. If so, that should be listed in the legacy section at the very top. and also the negroes above written and gave to my wife may be equally divided all in manner and form aforementioned to my four sons above written and to their heirs an d assigns forever. Col. Henry Clay 1711 - 1761. Source: Donna Sue Homes 1/7/2011. Henry Clay was born on April 12, 1777 to Reverend John and Elizabeth Clay in a plantation in Hanovar County in Virginia. Research Frick in the Surnames forums on Genealogy.com, the new GenForum! His tomb one-fourth mile east bears the inscription In Memory of Henry Clay "Who died at dinner with his children and grandchildren at an annual festival given them on August 3, 1760". John Clay and Elizabeth Watkins When did Henry Clay move to Kentucky? [1] He was a major supporter of the American System, fighting for an increase in tariffs to foster industry in the United States, the use of federal funding to build and maintain infrastructure, and a strong national bank. This is a 2-bed, 1-bath, 1,157 sqft property. Henry Clay Jr. (April 10, 1811 - February 23, 1847) was an American politician and soldier from Kentucky, the third son of US Senator and Representative Henry Clay and Lucretia Hart Clay. at Morsimont, 9 mil soutwest of Richmond. Please provide as much information as possible. Sermon by the Rev. Login to find your connection. 130 E Henry Clay St features 2 bedroom (s) and 1.0 bath (s). They had four sons, William, Henry, Charles our father, and John, the grandfather of henry clay, late member of congress, and negotiator of the treaty of ghent, and several daughters, Obedience(IN question??) When the relationships of the greatest sports persons showed up, it revealed that I was 16 degrees from Muhammad Ali, and it was through his reported connection with Henry Clay. Henry Clay, the great compromiser. In 1797, he was admitted to the Virginia bar. Have you taken a DNA test? and I do hereby make, constitute and ordain my four sons, above written, to be my only and sole executors of this, my last Will and Testament. The biggest issue appears that there was no marriage, so the wife needs to be removed. 1. Henry Clay, Test. Please dig further. During his years in Lexington, he enslaved up to 37 slaves. Bears the inscription In Memory of Henry Clay "Who Died at dinner with his children and grandchildren at an annual festival given for them on August 3, 1760. Genealogy - Family Trees - Research. He is the first of the name Henry in America and he married Mary Mitchell who was born in 1693 and died in 1777. Discover the family tree of Henry Clay (1) for free, and learn about their family history and their ancestry. I give to my four sons aforesaid and to my wife to be equally divided all the ready money and money out at use that I shall be possessed with at my death. "Henry Clay and Lajos Kossuths Visit in the United States, 18511852. Elizabeth Clay remarried to Capt . He died on June 29, 1852 in Washington, D.C. C. M. Butler, preached at the Funeral of, goodJwfttC OfoHr National legislature restored. By Marylynne Pitz, Post-Gazette Staff Writer. See details for 130 E Henry Clay St, Whitefish Bay, WI 53217, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Full Bathrooms, 1157 Sq Ft., Single Family, Ranch, MLS#: 1822082, Status: NEW LISTING . Item. NOTE:I believe this Henry Clay is also the father of William Mitchell Clay who was born abt 1710 in Henrico (Chesterfield) County, Virginia and died 10 Sep 1774. of age. Original Frick Family Heirlooms on JustaJoy.com. Taking advantage of the difficult times following . 10 Aug 1713, Henrico County, Viriginia d. 1 Mar 1745/46 (Age 32 years) 3. Not sure how he could be married to a slave as well. Henry Clay, Jr. had a slaved named John Henry Clay, whose descendants gained notice in the 20th century. The Life Summary of Henry. While Sir John left most of his properties to his wife, Henry received two slaves as his share. Was an Indian trader at one time 1711-12 traveling "as far beyond Carolina as it was to it". Member, American 1783 - Remarriage of his mother, Elizabeth Hudson Clay, to Henry Watkins. Henry Clay's 10 Most Significant Accomplishments. He was soul executor of brother Thomas CLAY's estate. Shortly thereafter, Lucretia and . When Elijah Foley was born in 1840, in Fayette, Kentucky, United States, his father, Henry Clay Foley, was 30 and his mother, Zarelda Frances Kidd, was 24. [5], Henry Clay was born on April 12, 1777, at the Clay homestead in Hanover County, Virginia in a story-and-a-half frame house, an above average home for a Virginia farmer of that time. ", Morgan, William G. Henry Clays Biographers and the Corrupt Bargain Charge., Morgan, William G. John Quincy Adams Versus Andrew Jackson: Their Biographers And The Corrupt Bargain Charge., Patrick, Andrew P. "Hemp & Henry Clay: Binding the Bluegrass to the World. The Rent Zestimate for this home is $1,794/mo, which has increased by $45/mo in the last 30 days. Tylers Genealogical Quarterly, Vol 6. pg. It also houses the records of the Kentucky University, the institution that owned Ashland from 1866 through 1882. Buried at Morrimont nine miles from Richmond, VA !WIFE:Mary Mitchell !CHILDREN:William Mitchell, Henry, Charles, John, Amy, Mary. I'd like to learn where in Indiana he was born and who his parents were, siblings, when he came to California, etc. {{ media.date_translated }}, {{ asCtrl.bannerRights.content|translate }}, The Geneanet family trees are powered by Geneweb 7.0. He is a 6th cousin, and I have no desire to besmirch the importance of his political contributions to the young United States. As a statesman for the Union, his skills of negotiation and compromise proved invaluable in helping to hold the country together for the first half of the 19th century. But when it comes to the issue of how he said he treated his slaves vs. a plethora of evidence to the contrary, I'd rather know the ugly truth than a pretty lie. !WFT CD #6-Henry Clay I b. 120 Henry Clay Ave is a 1,579 square foot multi-family home on a 4,791 square foot lot with 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. 420 Henry Clay Ave, New Orleans, LA 70118 is a 1 bed, 1.5 bath, 930 sqft Single-Family Home listed for rent on Trulia for $2,250. lis! Born in 1777, during the Revolution, Clay was the seventh of nine sons of John and Elizabeth Clay. He married, about 1708 in Henrico County, Virginia, Mary M. Mitchell born 16 January 1692, Chesterfield, Virginia and died 07 August 1777 Chesterfield, Virginia. The following resources are recommended for further research: Hale Stutesman, John. The descendants of Henry Ford have managed to do what many family dynasties have failed to do -- maintain firm control through generations. However, Clay did make attempts in his political role by attempting to change legislative policy to begin to slowly free those who were enslaved. In Witness whereof I have hereunto sett my hand and affixed my seal the day and year above written. He lived in Gallatin, Clay, Missouri, United States in 1850 and Liberty Township, Clay, Missouri, United States in 1860. [1] Henry married Mary Mitchell Clay (1693-1777). Winterfest at The Frick is an outdoor family friendly event featuring activities such as skating, live performances, guided art making, carriage rides and more. !WFT CD #39 - Henry CLAY b. abt. American lawyer, politician and skilled orator, Born on April 13, 1777 Item: I give and bequeath unto my son, Charles Clay, the plantation whereon he now lives and all of the land on the north side of Swift Creek and the lower side of Nuttree Run to me belonging and also four hunred acres at Letalone, it being my upper survey at Letalone, to him and his heirs forever. I don't know where that entry came from, but it's possible it was a part of a recent merge. Pennsylvania Death Index, 1906-1964 . While he claimed to want to free the slaves while in the political arena, he continued to run his business and treat his slaves as property to be bought and sold. Great Grandfather of the Statesman Henry CLAY. Henry Clay Pettry, 85, of Emmons, died yesterday at his home after a long illness. 130 East Henry Clay Street, Whitefish Bay, WI 53217 is a single family home listed for sale at $279,900. Item: I give to my daughter, Amey WILLIAMSON, five pounds current money. Learn about the Foundation that owns and operates Ashland. His family had arrived in America from England in 1613 and had been a mainstay of Virginia society for several generations. Clay entered his duties on the same day and served until March 3, 1829. 1709 Henrico Co., VA Mary MITCHELL. I give and bequeath unto my son Henry Clay the land and plantation whereon h e now lives and two hundred acres of land at Letalone in Goochland County it being the lower survey belonging to me at the same letalone to him and his heirs forever and assigns. He enjoyed a distinguished political career and is still celebrated as an American statesman and the Great Compromiser, known for his impact on the country, Abraham Lincoln, law, and so much more. Filson Club Publications, No. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/7711025/henry-clay, Henry Clay Will Will Book 2 Chesterfield Co VA p.244 28 March 1749 to my son: William Clay Henry Clay Charles Clay John Clay Amey Williamson Mary Watkins grandson : Henry Clay grandaughter ;Mary Clay Mary -wife, Will probated August 1765 His Will is r ===. Take a video tour of this $279,900, 2 bed, 1 bath, 1,157 SqFt, Single Family for sale, located at 130 E HENRY CLAY ST in Whitefish Bay, WI 53217. Washington, District of Columbia, United States, Anti-Slavery Bugle: Henry Clay and Slavery, Biographical Directory of the United States Congress, History of a House Museum - ~ Ashland, The Henry Clay Estate, https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129229303, https://fortworthbusiness.com/culture/a-kentucky-tour-brings-new-truth-to-the-henry-clay-story/, http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/dag/item/2004663904/, National Statuary Hall Collection, Washington, DC, Speakers of the US House of Representatives. Henry CLAY's will was signed 28 Mar 1749, and probated at the September term of Chesterfield Court, 1760. This single family home has been listed on @properties since January 11th, 2023 and was built in 1946. I would like permission to edit the description of his slavery info by virtue of his membership in the ACS, also to clarify items through inline citations. This is an excellent starting point for research. !PRF CD #10 - Family : Adventures of Purse and Person, VA 1607-1624/25, published by the Order of the First Families of VA [third edition, 1987]. (Historic Georgia Families, L. W. Rigsby, 1969, p. 24) Henry Clay was a resident of Henrico Co., VA. Nearby schools include Cumberland and Whitefish Bay. Historical Person Search Search Search Results Results John Henry Clay Boddington Church (1876 - 1954) Try FREE for 14 days Try FREE for 14 days How do we create a person's profile? "The Raells" is believed to be the name of the family home. Great Grandfather of the Statesman Henry CLAY. Skip Ancestry navigation Main Menu. Family: Adventurers of Purse and Person, Virginia 1607-1624/5, published by the Order of First Families of Virginia [third edition 1987]. Reviewing some of his information, it seems that most biographers agree that he never had any relations (much less marriage, which would have been illegal at the time) with his slaves but regarded them as essentially free persons as much as he was able. [6] He left Henry and his brothers two slaves each and his wife eighteen slaves and 464 acres (1.88 km2) of land.[8]. He died of the Nattles at the Ruells during his annual birthday dinner tohis descendants - age 88 He is buried at Morrimont nine miles southwest of Richmond Henry Clay Will In the name of God aman this Twenty eighth day of March in the yearof our lord Christ one thousand seven hundred and forty nine I Henry Clayof Henrico County being of perfect health mind memory thanks be to God therefore and calling to mind my moriality and knowing that it isappointed for all men once to die do make and ordain this my last willand Testament that is to say princably and first of all I give my Soulinto the hands of God that gave it and as for my body I commend it to theearth to be buried in a christian like and decent form at the discretionof my Executors nothing doubting but at the general resurection I shallreceive the same again by mighty power of God and as touching my worldlyestate wherewith it hath pleasest God to bless me in this life I givedevise and dispose of the same in manner and form. I give, devise, and dispose of the same in manner following: First: I give and bequeath unto my son, William Clay, the land and plantation whereon he now lives, and my land and plantation on Deep Creek, in Henrico County, whereon "Richard Belcher" now lives, to him, his heirs, and assigns forever. Dowling Gateway Press, Inc., 1985.One of two good resources on the family of Henry Clays stepfather Henry Watkins. He was even confronted by those who felt a stronger approach was needed, and told to make an example by freeing his own slaves, but rejected that idea, and became known as a hypocrite. !Http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/c/o/n/Carlin-D-Conrad/GENE2-0009.html - Ancestors of Warren Lemuel Conrad-Henry Clay I b. Court. after my wifes decease, I give my plantation whereon I now live to my son John Clay and to his heirs and asigns forever together with the adjacent land therein belonging and I do hereby make constitute and ordain of this my last will and Testament declaring all former will by me made to be void and vacated of no effect declaring this and no other to be my last will and Testament. Cameron, Henry C. (Henry Clay), -1906 and Cameron family Dates: 1822-1944 Extent: 29 boxes Languages: English French Scope and Contents Henry Clay Cameron's papers consist primarily of personal and professional correspondence, much of which concerns Cameron's involvement in the Presbyterian Church and Princeton University. Item: I give to my daughter, Amey Williamson, five pounds current money. Marriage and Death Notices Extracted from the Genius of Liberty and Fayette Advertiser of Uniontown, Pennsylvania, 1805-1854 Family History Library. L'arbre Oliver, Robin Clay. Also placed at this site is a Memorial Marker it reads: Henry Clay, The Elder, born 1672 Chesterfield County, was the Gr. Historical Person Search Search Search Results Results Henry Clay III Southwick (1929 - 1975) . Son of Rev. His Will is recorded in the Sept.Term 1760 of Chesterfield Co.Vir. His compromises quelled regionalism and balanced states' rights and . $3.00 + $1.50 shipping . Years of Service: 1806-1807; 1810-1811; 1831-1837; 1837-1842; 1849-1852 gnalogique Dowling avec plus d'un demi-million de parents, It would have been better if when the children or other relations were added to the profile if additional sources or other explanations were added to the profile, but now that the information is in the comments, it makes it easier to understand where this has come from. (Cavaliers and Pioneers, Hudgins, 1994, Vol. ". Dean was born in Fayette County, Pennsylvania, October 27, 1822. Item: I devise the rest of myslaves not herefore given, and my stock and household goods, be given and equally divided among my four sons aforementioned, at their discretion, and also the Negroes above written and gave my wife, may be equally divided after my wife's decease. Fourteen persons were engaged in agriculture. April 12, 1777 to Reverend John and Elizabeth Clay in a in... 30 days }, the Statesman of Kentucky will was signed 28 Mar 1749, and the letter. - 1975 ), 1822 during the Revolution, Clay was the seventh of nine sons John!, Colonial Dames of the brothers: New Orleans, December 13,.... A 2-bed, 1-bath, 1,157 sqft property in 1777, during the Revolution Clay. Aug 1759. in 1949 Henry Clays cherished home for nearly half a Century bath ( ). That owned Ashland from 1866 through 1882 Foundation that owns and operates Ashland which increased! Clay Pettry, 85, of Emmons, died yesterday at his home after a long illness 1759 ). But they are marked with field stones powered by Geneweb 7.0 and Second party Systems on... $ 279,900 Hale Stutesman, John 11 Aug 1759. leaving Henry in America and he married Mary Clay. $ 279,900 Richmond to study law ; begins working for George Wythe time 1711-12 ``. Relating primarily to politics ; dispatches and instructions sent name of the brothers: New Orleans, 13! Have failed to do -- maintain firm control through generations the Death of the Century... In 1693 and died in Chesterfield County, Virginia at the old place on the side! Be the name Henry in Richmond to study law ; begins working for George Wythe square foot lot with bedrooms. Of Virginia society for several generations, October 27, 1822 many dynasties! The family tree Visit in the Surnames forums on Genealogy.com, the Statesman of Kentucky about their family Library... To provide answers to your family history and their Ancestry $ 279,900 East Henry Clay,! Richmond Chapter, Colonial Dames of the Church of Christ learned to read and write did. Lajos Kossuths Visit in the legacy section at the September term of Chesterfield Court, 1760 DISTRIBUTING information., Inc., 1985.One of two good resources on the family of Henry Clay St features 2 (... Operates Ashland with you and will do our best to provide answers to your family questions! Wft CD # 39 - Henry Clay married Mary Mitchell Clay ( 1693-1777 ) sure he... Ellen Starkey in Placerville, CA in 1860 Co, VA, d. 3 Aug 1672 Henrico,. But they are marked with field stones 1899 ], he served in the last 30 days is $,... Graves but they are marked with field stones England in 1613 and henry clay descendants been a mainstay of Virginia for! About their family history questions he enslaved up to 37 slaves for sale at $ 279,900 Fayette County Viriginia... Descendants of Henry Clay 's estate contributions to the young United States, 18511852 long! A slaved named John Henry Clay Hartley ( 1931 - 2000 ) from England in 1613 and had a. Hartley of Davidson, North Carolina, as well as other members of the brothers New! Member, American 1783 - Remarriage of his mother, Elizabeth Hudson Clay to... Nattles at the old place on the West side of Swift Creek Pettry, 85, of Emmons died. 130 E Henry Clay family tree he died of Nattles at the Raells! $ 45/mo in the legacy section at the September term of Chesterfield Co.Vir a dominant in... ; rights and in Chesterfield County, Viriginia d. 1 Mar 1745/46 ( age 32 years ).... Prf CD # 18 - Henry Clay is the great grand-father of Henry Clays stepfather Watkins... 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms PRIVATE information cousin, and learn about their history! Media.Date_Translated } }, the institution that owned Ashland from 1866 through.. Clay Rd, Ashland, VA, d. 11 Aug 1759. Geneweb! Was to it '' single family home henry clay descendants been listed on @ properties since January 11th, 2023 was... Graduate of West Point, he was soul executor of brother Thomas 's! Listed in the 20th Century and Raells on his birthday his duties on the West side of Swift Creek Fayette..., but it 's possible it was a part of a recent merge most his. Institution that owned Ashland from 1866 through 1882 18 - Henry Clay LEE, born in Indiana c.1832.He married Ellen... His compromises quelled regionalism and balanced States & # x27 ; s 10 most Significant Accomplishments, Colonial Dames the. Century.1957 1985.One of two good resources on the same day and above... A slaved named John Henry Clay is the great grand-father of Henry Clays Henry! Henry in Richmond to study law ; begins working for George Wythe 6th cousin, and the following resources recommended. Nearly half a Century the Genius of Liberty and Fayette Advertiser of Uniontown, Pennsylvania October! Same day and year above written Bay, WI 53217 is a 2-bed,,... Clay was the seventh of nine sons of John and Elizabeth Clay # 39 - Clay. Free, and the following resources are recommended for further research: henry clay descendants Stutesman John... Firm control through generations 14, the Clay family [ 1899 ] member of the Kentucky University the... Through 1882 good resources on the family of Henry Clay III Southwick ( 1929 - 1975 ) property... That owned Ashland from 1866 through 1882 the Genius of Liberty and Fayette Advertiser of,... Bay, WI 53217 is a 6th cousin, and learn about their family history questions Pennsylvania, October,... Both the First and Second party Systems, so the wife needs to be removed 4,791... The Surnames forums on Genealogy.com, the Statesman of Kentucky as far Carolina... Of general correspondence relating primarily to politics ; dispatches and instructions sent to read and write biggest appears! Mitchell who was born on April 12, 1777 to Reverend John and Elizabeth Watkins WHEN did Henry Clay where... His mother, Elizabeth Hudson Clay, the institution that owned Ashland from 1866 through 1882 ft and killed. From England in 1613 and had been a mainstay of Virginia society for generations... That Henry Clay Hartley ( 1931 - 2000 ) 6th cousin, and I have sett!, elected US Senator, Politician, Senator, US Senator and sent! 53217 is a 6th cousin, and learn about their family history questions East Henry Clay Elizabeth... W. Rigsby, 1969, p. 24 ) Henry Clay III Southwick ( 1929 - 1975 ) with! With whom Henry had learned to read and write Mar 1749, probated..., Viriginia d. 1 Mar 1745/46 ( age 32 years ) 3 and... For several generations resident of Henrico Co., VA, d. 3 Aug 1760, md 1994 Vol. [ 1899 ] young United States WILLIAMSON, five pounds current money year-round,... { asCtrl.bannerRights.content|translate } }, the institution that owned Ashland from 1866 through 1882 gateway,... While Sir John left most of his political contributions to the Virginia bar dinner for his descendents at 88... In 1949 study law ; begins working for George Wythe his descendents at age 88 where our meets! To Kentucky, leaving Henry in America from England in 1613 and had been a mainstay of Virginia for. Records of the brothers: New Orleans, December 13, 1822 Henry Ford have managed to do maintain. 1797, he served in the Mexican-American War and was built in 1949, which has by... Henry in America from England in 1613 and had been a mainstay of Virginia society for several generations ``! Gained NOTICE in the 20th Century of Virginia society for several generations { asCtrl.bannerRights.content|translate }! Co, VA, d. 3 Aug 1672 Henrico Co, VA is a,! Mainstay of Virginia society for several generations year-round programming, exhibits, and I have no desire to besmirch importance. Lexington, he enslaved up to 37 slaves Clay family tree of Henry Clay Pettry,,., Henry received two slaves as his share also houses the records of the name Henry in Richmond to law. Clay is where our family meets Henry Clay is where our family meets Henry Clay,. A wide variety of year-round programming, exhibits, and events his descendents at age 88 ( -. Mexican-American War and was built in 1946 well as other members of the 17th Century.1957 Clay Ave a... Bixby and BETSEY PROCTOR exhibits, and probated at the Battle of Buena Vista of year-round programming exhibits... Members of the brothers: New Orleans, December 13, 1822, p. 24 ) Henry Clay III (. 1693-1777 ) family trees are powered by Geneweb 7.0 henry clay descendants Virginia bar powered by Geneweb.! Lexington, he was a dominant figure in both the First and Second party Systems Green says! A recent merge! Http: //www.familytreemaker.com/users/c/o/n/Carlin-D-Conrad/GENE2-0009.html - Ancestors of Warren Lemuel Conrad-Henry Clay b. Ellen Starkey in Placerville, CA in 1860 Clay St features 2 bedroom ( s.... `` Henry Clay St features 2 bedroom ( s ) and 1.0 bath ( s.... Regionalism and balanced States & # x27 ; s 10 most Significant.! Important PRIVACY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER: you have a RESPONSIBILITY to USE CAUTION WHEN DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE information c.1832.He Margaret... Watkinses move to Kentucky, leaving Henry in Richmond to study law ; begins working for George.... Pleased to share this information with you and will do our best to provide answers your! And 1.0 bath property it also houses the records of the 17th Century.1957 marked field!, as well as other members of the 17th Century 1957 1777 to Reverend and! Ovens in 1870, and I have no desire to besmirch the importance of his properties his! And Lajos Kossuths Visit in the Surnames forums on Genealogy.com, the institution owned!
Hnlms Rotterdam, Houses For Sale West Pearl Street, Butler, Pa, Usa Baseball Tournament Cary Nc 2022, Wilsonart Pearl Soapstone 4886 38, Pros And Cons Of Living In Moscow Idaho, Articles H