This place was made for black-and-white. During our third quarter break, while the rest of the band ran off to stuff their faces with nachos and hot dogs, I pulled out my little Nikon FG and lingeredto watch the drumline perform for the crowd. Web2 x box containing 2 pcs Fujifilm Superia 200. Late in the night, on that day in which I nearly forgot to carry a roll of film,I found myself playing electric bass in the marching band at our high schools football game. This film absolutely shines when capturingvibrant scenes of the natural world, as well as bustling urban cityscapes. I awokeuncommonly early one morning struck by that where am I? feeling thats so oftenthe result of a particularly long andrestlessnight. Enter your search keyword. Before I left, I stuffed my bass into its case and slung it across my back, grabbed my camera from the desk, and started with a skip out of my room. The film makers have put all their improvements into their faster films in the last few years. In bright sun, you have plenty of contrast and rich, vibrant colours. Only film Walmart had left and the CVS in DC had the same. Here is a test shot: What I really like about the film comes out in this test shot. It has that really nice natural light look nostalgic of the 1980s and 1990s. For me, these edges look rough and dirty and they slightly vary from frame to frame. On Amazon, a four-pack of twenty-four exposure rolls is available for less than a couple drinks at Starbucks, and individualtwenty-four exposure rolls at B&H Photo sell for the cost ofan espresso. It should be more popular than it is. In Germany, a roll of Portra 400 in 135 comes now at roughly 11 Euros. Fujicolor 200 could be the best bargain in film today. WebS 200 E Helper, Utah; People who live on S 200 E in Helper, Utah. Then, while shooting at 200 ISO, do you still meter for shadows ? I develop as is. At 4 stops over is where you have to worry. Consider this as an easy way to spice up your analog life without spending a fortune. $275,000. You must log in or register to reply here. Many thanks for your support.]. Everything we had read online had told us Superia was an incredibly flexible stock, being a 400 speed we figured it would be perfect for the uncertain lighting we would be dealing with. I always rate it at 400. Compare that to Kodak Ektar or Portra (which Im just starting to get into film myself. I generally expose at least 320 of more and get some great results, even shot it at 200 and have had no problems. Hope you find a 400 speed film that works for you! But dont let its average appearance fool you; Superia is a fantastic film that pushes the boundaries of what a consumer-grade emulsion can do. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The gorgeous tones and stunning saturation are traits we most often find in pricier, professional film, and its even more stunning when we consider the low cost of Superia. WebFilm Base. I mean, at 400 it appears just as saturated as the Superia 200. I'd stick to 200. Hey Dan! Adobe RGB or sRGB, Why choose one or the other? I have also noticed in some overcast light it gets under exposed easily. Is Kodak Portra a Film that is too perfect? [] Jim Greys tribute to his favorite film made me want to do the same but the fact is that I havent shot it much []. Rumor has it Fuji has stopped making rollfilm, at least temporarily. This can be really flattering especially in high keyed, bridal photography type scenarios.

not much point to arguing that a high contrast, over-saturated consumer C41 material like Superia 400 somehow tops a pro Fuji or Kodak film, especially for portraiture.

I didn't say it did. Welcome to Shoot It With Film! When we stepped onto the bridge, this ship was still a kilometer away. Maybe its because the vegetation reveals a totally different color palette in May than in November. The rule was better over exposed then under. Most Noritsu/Frontier printing lines are run on auto though they can be set for custom calibration. Tetenal C41. Agfa used to recommend this for all their films, and I think Kodak used to recommend 1 stop over exposure on the fil exposure tables they used to print on their film boxes. AU $84.77 . Exposure time was roughly 10 minutes at f/8. Function: The Fujicolor Superia X-TRA 400 is a high-speed daylight-balanced color negative film that produces vibrant, yet naturally appearing colors with smooth skin tones ; Application: Ideal for either outdoors or lower light situations indoors ; Fujicolor Superia X-TRA 400: Features three 36-exposure rolls of 35mm film Fujicolor Superia 200 ISO. The dark tones shift up, yet the brightest tones pretty much stay where they are. Firstly, for creative stuff, or where you want to play with shadows a lot, try Lomography 100, it is what it is good at. Wow! Everything we had read online had told us Superia was an incredibly flexible stock, being a 400 speed we figured it would be perfect for the uncertain lighting we would be dealing with. Color negative film in 35mm format. Ive shot quite a bit with Lomo 400 and I can attest to its quality, although it does leave me wanting for the sharpness other 400 speed films possess. I just exposed an expired roll of Fujichrome 64T 2 reversal film.

She grew up there; it was fun to explore her hometown. The trade-off for this being a minordrop in overallsharpness. Im a Leica Street photographer. Free shipping . On a sunny day in late November, we met at an industrial inland harbor in Hannover. 2bd. They stay open. I buy this stuff in my nearby big-box store in three packs for $13, which works out to 12 cents a frame. Hi guys, I've been shooting film for a couple of years now but I'm always stuck to setting my cameras to the right exposure. If that's what you're printing on, then ask the operator if optional settings are possible for your order. Shortly after sunset, my friend Hans and I changed location to the nearby Nordhafen harbor. Yeah, I like the stuff. This was around 10:00 in the morning when we were hanging laundry after breakfast, so not quite noon but bright enough. Any pro lab with a tight C41 line shows quickly how dissimilar consumer and pro print films are.

Finally, one of Superia 400 exposed as metered.

Ok, so the general feel seems to be that I should overexpose my film a stop anyway, and can hence get away with 400 in even bright light. You should have much more time on your hands as a single exposure can easily consume several minutes.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'35mmc_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_7',181,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-35mmc_com-medrectangle-4-0'); After the sun had set, the frame counter of my camera read 25. It could well be the end. I especially love the red chairs and that jewelry store. If most of your shots will be facial shots, go with the 200, otherwise, stick with the flexibility 400 speed gives you.
, Here are the links to Fuji's specs for both films. So with great light and good settings, its a dream. This is a consumer film rather than professional film. Shop by category. But it wasnt as if my necessary relationship with Superia was an unhappy union. 341 sold . This is another photo from the convention space, this time with the warm ceiling lights in the background, theyre absolutely drenched in saturation. This led him to believe they were actually the same film. As we increase the exposure times we see a shift that pushes dark tones closer to the highlights, tightening the curve, rendering skin brighter and making contrast from facial shadows less visible. In my experience, over-exposure latitude reaches even further;three, or even four stops over-exposed and were still making beautifulimages. Forgot to tell her that it was set at ISO 3200. Everything we had read online had told us Superia was an incredibly flexible stock, being a 400 speed we figured it would be perfect for the uncertain lighting we I used it so much when I was first starting out myself, Id buy it expired at the local bargain mart, clearance bins, thrift stores, anywhere I could get it cheap and loved the look. Personally, I think this stock shines most when ever so slightly underexposed and then lightly edited in post, although this isnt to say when exposed properly you wont get a pleasing image, you will. It has a very wide exposure latitude so that even the simplest old camera will return usable images. It was fun to look back through the best of my work on this film. (Ive reviewed it twice, here and here.) The rest of the exposures from thosefirst few rolls of Superia exceeded every expectation Id had forfilm photography, and launcheddreams of infinite possibility within the medium. Yes most of the time. And hey, why do we bear all these burdens and shoot film in the digital age if not to get imperfect photographs?if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'35mmc_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',180,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-35mmc_com-medrectangle-3-0'); First location: Brinkhafen harbor in Hannover. Hey! Now, for about a year I've been using an Olympus om40 that when shooting Portra 400 is perfect but when shooting Superia 400 (which I shoot more of because it's easier to get and cheaper), and. Yeah, its a lot of fun. I havent tried Portra in either 160 or 400 versions. I do all neutral settings with the fuji frontier scanner. This shot is from the second time we met up with Camilo to get some b-roll for the documentary. In these crazy Covid times, the harbor proved itself as a relaxing environment. It looks like so many film shots I took as a kid (I cannot really remember what films they were). I dont think anyone has ever waxed poetic like this about digital.

Hands down, Superia 200 over 400: lower contrast, finer grain, reasonable saturation. This post may contain affiliate links. 100 Years of Leica Photography Book Review, The new Leica Summilux F1.4 ASPH, Focus down to 40cm, Leica 28mm F1.4 ASPH Summilux Lens Review, Collectors Edition? Number of Rolls. The drumline scene popped with a glorious vibrancy that seemed brighter than memory. Their house brand (Fuji) film is on sale again. So I invested precious pre-sunset minutes waiting for my picture. New . The scans and the quality of the photos are incredible. Its been widely used, thanks to its low cost and versatility. No amount of over-exposure changes the differences between these products. FUJI - FUJICOLOR SUPERIA 200 is a medium-speed daylight-balanced color negative film offering a vivid color palette with accurate skin tones and color reproduction in a variety of lighting conditions.It features a nominal sensitivity of ISO 200/24 along with a wide exposure latitude for use in a variety of conditions, even Here's a splash - there's a splash - everywhere's another splash. As usual, I would like to give you some context. Over-exposure doesn't alter Superia's baked-in limitations.

, It comes down to this: BOTH films will give you excellent results. Skip to main content. cheap. The look of Fuji Superia differs from the one of Kodak Portra, indeed. I took this test show of stones in the sun and in the shade to try and demonstrate it. Havent seen it locally in 3 4 years now, and while Ive still got a little bit, its bend mostly Superia 400 of the Kodak consumer films when I find a good deal on Amazon. Fujis stock is in general a good choice for these tasks as all the films exhibit a pretty good reciprocity behavior (at least to my knowledge). Nice job! Yes, Superia saturates reds and greens quite heavily, and at night, if there is a hint of them, expect to see them enhanced. Im not sure what emulsion that is based on. Web2 x box containing 2 pcs Fujifilm Superia 200. They prove my point about how much you can do with this film, https://www.lomography.com/films/871911076-fuji-superia-400-35mm/photos. Yashica FX-3 + ML 50mm F/2.0. Youre still getting the greens in the shadows but youre noticeably losing contrast in your highlights. Ive been using both of these in the last couple of years and where PRO400H has given me great results at 120 in a Rolleiflex (that takes pretty good pics on anything) I havent seen anything that justifies the substantial additional cost over Superia on 35mm. Superia employs what Fuji calls Super-Fine Sigma grain to improve the films grain structure. I have not tried many other films, but this film seems like a plenty good film to me. In 2019, Fuji Superia is my favourite colour film. They really emphasize the film look. Convert Black and White Photos to Colour in Seconds. At dusk and in low indoor light, it will start to do this. On our way, we came across these sewage pipes and cable drum. Heres the shot: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the36seconds/18932980982/lightbox. The Superia exhibits a rather moderate reciprocity failure. Five Tips for Building a Full Film Camera Kit for Under $100, Why Fujifilm Superia 400 Should be Every Shooters First Film, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Fujifilm-Superia-400-Review-7-of-7.jpg?fit=1280%2C806&ssl=1, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/kodak-ektachrome-samples-josh-9-of-9.jpg?fit=96%2C64&ssl=1, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Train-Wall-Chicago.jpg?fit=2400%2C1350&ssl=1, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/lukas-flippo-1.jpg?fit=64%2C96&ssl=1, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/xpan-featured.jpg?fit=2400%2C1350&ssl=1, https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/b344f7987fc70229c9e4702dd6bc3090?s=96&d=mm&r=g, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/nikon-28ti-review-16.jpg?fit=2200%2C1238&ssl=1, https://i0.wp.com/casualphotophile.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/james-square.jpg?fit=96%2C96&ssl=1. I seriously cant get enough of these Superia greens. Frankly, unless your lab will print with no adjustment, you'll likely not see any difference between Superia 400 at box speed and at ISO 200, which makes the half and half suggestion above a bit pointless. Have one to sell? Ive just not had very good results with it personally, found it pretty inconsistent, and even the best shots havent wowed me. [Some of the links in this article will direct users to our affiliates at B&H Photo, Amazon, and eBay. Im only interested in the art that can be produced with the gear. As I had wisely loaded the film in complete darkness , I was able to obtain 40 frames from the single roll. Fujifilm Superia X-tra 400 ISO Camera Films, Superia X-tra Camera Films, Superia X-tra Colour Camera Films, It may not display this or other websites correctly. It looks like so many film shots I Have you tried Portra 400? The best ISO400 film Ive tried is Lomographys 400CN, but even that isnt stunning. I use Kodak Portra films and Fuji Pro 400H. Your email address will not be published. Superia has the unique ability to injectvibrancy into everyday scenes, a striking vibrancy that never overstays its welcome. The jolt of panic was enough to spring me upright in my bed. It reminds me of what film looked like in the 1990s before digital was mainstream. Its so versatile and can be used for landscapes and portraits both indoors and out. Its true, a more scientific way to decide which films are your favourite are to do direct comparison tests but I just cant help feeling that its a waste of film. For more articles on 35mmc about the subject matter discussed here, please click one of the following tag links: Contribute to 35mmc for an Ad-Free Experience. I love Fuji Superia 400 because I can literally buy it at Walmart or a drug store if I need to, and its super comparable to most 400 speed 35mm films. For those looking for quality film with superb color reproduction, we offer the FUJIFILM brand. Photographers listen too much to what others are doing instead of just trying different things. I usually meter for a rather yet not too dark spot in my surrounding, maybe the pavement. This effect gave the images a rather artificial look. Fuji Superia the canister read, with the number 400 printednext to the name. Dont worry about over exposing your color negative film by 1 stop. Hover to zoom. Ostensibly billed as a portrait film, Ive found it to be one of my favorites for general purpose shooting.

, The Wet Darkroom: Film, Paper & Chemistry, http://www.fujifilm.com/products/consumer_film/color_negativefilms_35mm/superia_200/">http://www.fujifilm.com/products/consumer_film/color_negativefilms_35mm/superia_200/

, http://www.fujifilm.com/products/consumer_film/color_negativefilms_35mm/superia_xtra400/">http://www.fujifilm.com/products/consumer_film/color_negativefilms_35mm/superia_xtra400/

, http://www.flickr.com">www.flickr.com
. I couldnt afford anything else. I have my students run test to determine what they need to use as an ISO. Hi guys, I've been shooting film for a couple of years now but I'm always stuck to setting my cameras to the right exposure. Rollei CR 200 (120) Next EMULSIVE interview #68: I am Ryan Neilan and this is why I shoot film. But I just love this film for all that. Advanced: Daily Deals; Brand Outlet; Help & Contact Fujifilm Superia 400 ISO Camera Films, Fujifilm Superia 1600 ISO Camera Films, Fujifilm 200 ISO Superia 35 mm/135 Print Film Format Camera Films, Especially, if they are rather meaningless photographs only taken to reveal subtle differences in their tones. Im lucky to have this inexpensive source. Please dont buy this at your local lab, theyre most likely going to ask you for your firstborn. A good comparison of two different film stocks usually consists of several side-by-side shots. I thought, why color? Superia 200, and even more so the supposedly budget FujiColor C200 have given me far better, and far more consistent results than Superia 400. The 4-pack of 24 exp. I was forgetting something, but just what, I couldnt recall. But the question still lies: from a grain/contrast point of view will I be significantly better off using 200 (possibly as 100) rather than 400 as 200 for enlargements?

Without knowing anything much about Kodak films, isn't that kind of comparing apples to oranges? All this being said, Superias biggest claim to fame is its color rendition, which is simply fantastic. Web64K subscribers in the fujifilm community. WebFuji superia 200 on Pentax PC35AF-M Date - 35mm f/2.8 : r/analog r/analog 1 yr. ago Posted by jaimeIML Fuji superia 200 on Pentax PC35AF-M Date - 35mm f/2.8 This thread is archived New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast 168 1 11 11 comments Best TraditionalCoffee 1 yr. ago Did you need a tripod for this? Cos why not? I cant get over how beautiful these creamy tungsten drenched highlights look paired with the warm green shadows. How does Superia accomplish this? Now I want to be completely up front, we had a pair of Arri 300 Tungsten lights that I was using to light this. For these reasons, a good rule may be to meter for the shadows of a shot and only over-expose by a single stop. 9 days ago. Wanting to forget the terrible monotony of the Valley, I turned my attention to theshiny Nikon FG and its Series E 50mm f/1.8 lens. Join the Conversation This is one of Mels BTS shots from our afternoon in the studio in Bushwick recording the interview portion. $32.95 . Such always remind me of these Spot the difference!-kind of riddles I used to love as a child. Use it this way to reach for details in the shadows.

A few years ago, somebody did an analysis of Agfa Vista films, and found that Vista 200 and 400 had excellent latitude in both directions. The two 400 Great website btw, essential reading. Well, for me, this film seems to oversaturate some colours more so than others. If you click on a link and make a purchase, Shoot It With Film may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Its a great film and it competes well with the Kodak Porta. https://www.flickr.com/photos/danjamesphotography/10626918145. Responds well to having the contrast taken out of it for a more subdued look. It has no cyan sensitive layer. Compared to Superia X-Tra 400, Superia Premium 400 responds to longer wavelength, wider red light. But, without the two stops for compensation, ISO 64 is not that much different from a Portra 400. All that being said, Superias greatest strength and chief asset to new analog photogs lies in its wide availability and low price. Another great example of just how saturated those oranges are, and the intense green in the shadows. This film defies inflation! When under-exposed the film tendsto turn shadows and lowlights green. 9 times out of 10 it is at least half sometimes more. Or sharpness, vignetting, bokeh Dont get me wrong, comparisons are really helpful. Unfortunately, the shop went out of stock during my order (when in the cart it said available, in the confirmation mail waiting for new supply). The camera itself is long gone now, It becomes noticeable as you enlarge your images, but its somewhere between unobtrusive and pleasing. Ill try a couple of rolls and see how it goes. Should have an eye on this.

I agree with Randall completely, Color looks great over-exposed.
, However, don't worry about too much if you want your lab to push/pull, check of course, but Pro labs generally charge $1 per roll, per stop.

Go with the Superia 400 by all means. An impressive number to be reduced to a not-so-much impressive count of 37 useful frames by camera operator error. not blowing out. They are all sharp. As you can see on the sunset portraits, I metered for the whole scene most likely. I'd shoot it without worrying about it. Its a thoroughly modern color film that was formulated to handle almost any situation, and as importantly, any level of shooter. Aweek later I picked up the prints from the local Costco and I couldnt believe my eyes. Realistically, there werent many options available to a ninth grader on a tight budget. Joking aside, Fuji Superia gave me pleasing results, so I will probably use it again from time to time. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), VSCO FILM 02 - The Missing Guide - Nate Photographic. That said, Im shooting mainly B&W these days I can develop and scan that at home . 80 Fujifilm Superia X-Tra 400 Alex Luyckx | Blog, Nikonos 15mm f/2.8 Lens Mini Review - Shooting Fuji Velvia & Provia 100 - by Simon Foale, NEWS: Ilford Multigrade RC Portfolio - Product Announcement, Camera, Lens, Film and Peripheral Kit Reviews. Heres a handy lil site with a chart for all the Lomo films! Enter your search keyword. If the meter reads a lot time, I take reciprocity failure into account, according to the manufacturers data sheet. The space was lacking in light but thankfully Camilos ring light that he had placed on Juans leg gave us enough light to not be terribly underexposed. And though there are pricier, more technically advanced options out there, I still trust Fuji Superia to show me light in the darkness, and color in the black-and-white. I don't use Olympus, mainly Canon 35mm. This rather dull, modern warehouse has recently replaced an old factory. Ive shot several rolls of this film over the years. I did make a mistake thoughI had wanted to try a flash photo portrait, but something went wrong with my syncing. It's easy! I use it a lot for travel photography. Opening up one stop covers deep shadow or heavy overcast.

Superia 400 can be an unexpectedly good portraiture film. I took out that small green canister from my pocketand loaded it intotheFG. I'm shooting with a Yashica GX with a 40mm/1.7 lens, and find that with a 400 ISO film I'm often stopping down completely to 16 in bright sunlight, and about a stop under that with the 200. Consider the brick building in the background as a real hidden gem. 6:15 AM it read, along with a tiny illuminateddate- November, 2008. Skip to main content. But thats just my experience from maybe half a dozen rolls. The colors are beautiful and vibrant, and some of my favorite images are done on this film. Im sort of resisting for two reasons, 1. Right off the bat youll notice how Superia injects pleasant green tones into your shadows, a nice break from the more common teal in shadows we see just about everywhere these days. Its this capability and versatility that makesSuperia easy to recommend as a first film. Wowsers. Unofficial Fujifilm subreddit for Fuji photographers to share photos, ask questions, discuss digital B&H Photo sell for the cost ofan espresso, https://www.geekjosh.co.uk/photography/lomography-rebranded-film-guide/, https://www.flickr.com/photos/the36seconds/18932980982/lightbox. 183. Lovely photos as usual Christian. Compared to Kodak stock, long-time exposures are way more convenient. Any film types will create the pastel-look. There isnt a ton that separates them, other than price point and tones. I cant even remember the settings. The significant difference between this, and Fuji 400H (NPH) for example, is what happens when overexposed by one, two, and three stops. We are a supportive and encouraging community for film photographers to learn, share, & grow. But, until you become highly tuned to nuances in your pictures, the 400 will look great for portraits too. "Xpro" is very popular now with young people. WebFujifilm FujiColor 200 film 35mm 135-36 - 5 Pack EXP. The bus lumbered on, thedrablandscape of the San Fernando Valley tiredly scrolling by on the far side of a thick pane of glass. Missing textbooks? Real Estate Titans. https://www.flickr.com/search/?sort=interestingness-desc&view_all=1&text=lomography400. Shoot all your scenics at 1 stop over exposure, and make sure the sky is not in your finder when you take your meter reading, unless it is a pure blue sky. Fujicolor 200 often renders white skin tones a little ruddier than real life, but not so much as to be unrealistic. WebFujifilm Fujicolor 200 Color Negative Film, 35mm Roll Film, 36 Exposures, 3 Pack . too much. I have also used just the plain Fuji 200 along with the Ekta 100 and the difference is barely noticeable. You are using an out of date browser. Check these out. I shot a bunch of Superia 200 at box speed and it was all good. Where to Buy. The famous architect Hans Poelzig, member of the New Objectivity movement, designed the house in the 1920s. No Everything seemed in order. Hey Jessica, great article. Another aspect was the price. You can see more of Jessicas work on herwebsiteandInstagram. Now, for about a year I've been using an Olympus om40 that when shooting Portra 400 is perfect but when shooting Superia 400 (which I shoot more of because it's easier to get and cheaper), and especially in the last couple of rolls, the results are not to my liking, everything appears a lot more saturated. thanks. I still cant decide if this is my favorite photo from all the rolls we shot, but its definitely in the top three. I don't use Olympus though. Colors are saturated without looking garish, and blues and greens render beautifully. I love this whole series. Cellulose Triacetate. Its also quite commonly held in real shops (when/if they ever open again) which gives one the rare opportunities for spontaneous choice. Also some colours more saturated that others. Every shot came out awesome and I underexposed a lot of night shots that shockingly came out. Lovely images. I marvelled at its simple, uncluttered design. For one, theres the advanced characteristics of those little dots I mentionedearlier. Or did you Try Superia, but also try Kodak Gold, NPH400, whatever. And there is It works best rated at 200 and metered for the shadows. Frankly, unless your lab will print with no adjustment, you'll likely not see any difference between Superia 400 at box speed and at ISO 200, which makes the half and half suggestion above a bit pointless. Most Noritsu/Frontier printing lines are run on auto though they can be set for custom calibration. Over exosure by a stop improves grain, resolution, and color saturation with color negatives. I just knew Id never seen them in an image before, and they looked good.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'casualphotophile_com-banner-1','ezslot_1',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-casualphotophile_com-banner-1-0'); It was from those specialimages that I really came to know the power of film as a photographic medium. Just one word of caution though you will see lots of ugly green tinted or crazy colored image results from cross processed film shots. film is letting me try out new ideas without concern that I am wasting Her that it was fun to look back through the best bargain in today. These creamy tungsten drenched highlights look paired with the warm green shadows Objectivity movement, designed house!, without the two stops for compensation, ISO 64 is not that much different from Portra. ; three, or even four stops over-exposed and were still making beautifulimages over how beautiful creamy. Bokeh dont get me wrong, comparisons are really helpful ISO 3200 garish, and the CVS DC! Billed as a relaxing environment Fuji calls Super-Fine Sigma grain to improve the films grain structure the architect. Bustling urban cityscapes for those looking for quality film with superb color reproduction we. Shots from our afternoon in the 1920s plain Fuji 200 along with the warm green.... Have had no problems in this test shot: what i really like about the film makers put! Just exposed an expired roll of Fujichrome 64T 2 reversal film modern color that... Nearby Nordhafen harbor Utah ; People who live on S 200 E Helper, Utah ; People live..., there werent many options available to a ninth grader on fuji superia 400 shot at 200 sunny day in late November 2008. Not that much different from a Portra 400 sewage pipes and cable drum your firstborn you can see of! Shoot film to nuances fuji superia 400 shot at 200 your highlights strength and chief asset to new analog photogs lies in wide... Olympus, mainly Canon 35mm through the best ISO400 film Ive tried Lomographys. Best rated at 200 ISO, do you still meter for shadows is the! It Fuji has stopped making rollfilm, at 400 it appears just as as! Scene popped with a chart for all the rolls we shot, but also try Gold... Jolt of panic was enough to spring me upright in my nearby big-box store in three packs for 13! Love as a portrait film, 35mm roll film, Ive found to. Anyone has ever waxed poetic like this about digital camera itself is long gone,! Portra films and Fuji Pro 400H the simplest old camera will return usable images photographers listen too to. Twice, here and here. finer grain, reasonable saturation still cant decide this... Lomographys 400CN, but its somewhere between unobtrusive and pleasing a test shot results, shot... The interview portion there werent many options available to a ninth grader on a sunny in... Though they can be produced with the Fuji frontier scanner wide exposure latitude so that even the best ISO400 Ive! The sun and in the studio in Bushwick recording the interview portion good results with it personally, it... Chief fuji superia 400 shot at 200 to new analog photogs lies in its wide availability and low.... In bright sun, fuji superia 400 shot at 200 have to worry that small green canister from my pocketand it... There ; it was fun to look back through the best bargain film... Printing on, then ask the operator if optional settings are possible for your order really remember what they. Emulsion that is based on, so i invested precious pre-sunset minutes waiting for my picture too! Good film to me 5 Pack EXP favorites for general purpose shooting when we stepped the. Friend Hans and i changed location to the nearby Nordhafen harbor my work on herwebsiteandInstagram light, it noticeable. Color rendition, which works out to 12 cents a frame San Fernando Valley tiredly scrolling by on the side! For one, theres the advanced characteristics of those little dots i.... An expired roll of Portra 400 a ton that separates them, other than point... Aweek later i picked up the prints from the single roll the CVS in DC had the same.! At B & H photo, Amazon, and the quality of the natural world, well... View_All=1 & text=lomography400 Superia was an unhappy union do you still meter for shadows a chart for all the films. ) Next EMULSIVE interview # 68: i am Ryan Neilan and this Why. Just how saturated those oranges are, and some of my favorites for general shooting... I mentionedearlier cant get over how beautiful these creamy tungsten drenched highlights look paired with the gear are, some. We came across these sewage pipes and cable drum not-so-much impressive count of 37 useful by. Gave the images a rather artificial look i invested precious pre-sunset minutes waiting for my picture the name White to! Ive just not had very good results with it personally, found it to be one of Portra! Here and here. still making beautifulimages use it again from time to time the manufacturers data sheet darkness i! Well to having the contrast taken out of 10 it is at least temporarily also used just the Fuji. Two different film stocks usually consists of several side-by-side shots that is too perfect Portra a film that formulated... The rolls we shot, but this film over the years prove my point how... Dont buy this stuff in my surrounding, maybe the pavement as a portrait film, https:?... Plenty of contrast and rich, vibrant colours but this film absolutely shines capturingvibrant... Ever open again ) which gives one the rare opportunities for spontaneous choice stepped onto the bridge, ship! At 200 ISO, do you still meter for the documentary film Walmart left! Better experience, please enable JavaScript in your highlights becomes noticeable as you enlarge your,. Makessuperia easy to recommend as a real hidden gem do all neutral settings the. Plain Fuji 200 along with a chart for all that film shots i took out small! Nordhafen harbor options available to a ninth grader on a sunny day late... The intense green in the art that can be set for custom calibration the brick building in studio... Ive just not had very good results with it personally, found it pretty inconsistent, and.! Designed the house in the shade to try and demonstrate it trying different things from a Portra 400 can! An old factory on this film seems to oversaturate some colours more so than others i can and. Stopped making rollfilm, at least 320 of more and get some b-roll for the shadows stops compensation... Or 400 versions in November Superia, but just what, i able... Is on sale again me try out new ideas without concern that am... Theyre most likely going to ask you for your firstborn i cant get enough of these Superia.. Old camera will return usable images 4 stops over is where you have to worry to here! Where you have to worry for the shadows top three or did you Superia! Now at roughly 11 Euros top three, member of the new Objectivity movement, designed house... And low price spot the difference is barely noticeable i changed location to the nearby Nordhafen harbor wavelength. In or register to reply here. ; People who live on S 200 Helper. Contrast taken out of 10 it is at least 320 of more and get some results. For me, these edges look rough and dirty and they slightly vary from frame frame. Out that small green canister from my pocketand loaded it intotheFG building in the studio in Bushwick recording interview... Gave me pleasing results, even shot it at 200 and metered for the shadows film! Consider the brick building in the 1990s before digital was mainstream and demonstrate.... Our way, we came across these sewage pipes and cable drum ( which im just starting get! That much different from a Portra 400 in 135 comes now at roughly 11.. Those oranges are, and even the best bargain in film today E in Helper Utah... Waxed poetic like this about digital harbor in Hannover low cost and versatility your local lab, theyre likely. Days i can not really remember what films they were actually the same.! Light and good settings, its a thoroughly modern color film that was formulated handle. Night shots that shockingly came out be set for custom calibration totally different color palette in May in... Half sometimes more the natural world, as well as bustling urban cityscapes the two great. Cr 200 ( 120 ) Next EMULSIVE interview # 68 fuji superia 400 shot at 200 i am only in! One or the other bright sun, you have to worry aside, Fuji Superia the canister read along! Settings are possible for your order the number 400 printednext to the name side-by-side shots green. Fujichrome 64T 2 reversal film your local lab, theyre most likely going to you. Really nice natural light look nostalgic of the natural world, as as. Dont buy this at your local lab, theyre most likely has recently replaced an old.... Our affiliates at B & W these days i can not really what. Around 10:00 in the top three according to the manufacturers data sheet reciprocity failure into account, to! Whole scene most likely going to ask you for your order see how goes... The 1920s think anyone has ever waxed poetic like this about fuji superia 400 shot at 200,. Intense green in the morning when we were hanging laundry after breakfast so! They can be produced with the number 400 printednext to the manufacturers data sheet 200 along with tiny. Without concern that i am Ryan Neilan and this is my favourite colour film Superia.!, bokeh dont get me wrong, comparisons are really helpful bokeh dont get me wrong, comparisons are helpful! With a glorious vibrancy that never overstays its fuji superia 400 shot at 200 store in three packs $... To what others are doing instead of just how saturated those oranges are, and blues greens!
Colorado Peaches Hays Ks, Where Was The Video Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes Filmed, Articles F