footbridge. water stations on the marathon course. $10,000. The goal of the race is to provide a superior event highlighting the local area and in doing so, bring increased exposure and revenue for local businesses. I completely screwed myself. In a Runners World online survey completed by thousands of runners, Steamtown was named the 6th best overall marathon. 21.87 miles Exit park through other gate. @7 E96 {24<2H2? Got a problem with that . I can attest after running Steamtown several times you definitely need to understand how hills play into running a marathon. * Registration Deadline : TBD, Contact Details /* USA-ML-Homepage-Skyscraper */ York PA. I have run a number of distance races, and the only other times I have been so sore is after running a 100-mile ultra in Colorado and a 56-mile downhill road race in South Africa. There was one part that was quite narrow, and people were lined up on either sides cheering us on. ?6CD 2=D@ 9:E 2 A@CE:@? Three Laps. There is a lot of crowd support, but this can be really challenging. Thank you for reading! Abington Township is a township in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.It is adjacent to Philadelphia's northern fringe. A few runners trickled across the Boston Marathon finish line on Boylston Street Monday afternoon, throwing their hands up to celebrate the jaunt from Hopkinton to Copley Square despite officials . By 17 my quads were getting sore, and by 22 I was in pure misery. The annual 13.1-mile foot race energizes Scranton each springas thousands of runners and walkers take to the streets and trails of Scranton on a spring Sunday morning. Spread the word. Various Streets of Scranton. There are no more gliding downhills; there are a few steep hills especially at the end. The red start begins in southern Greenwich Park on Charlton Way, the green start is in St John's Park, and finally, the blue start is on Shooter's Hill Road. How to register, where to go, route and race tips. 23.80 miles At small island, bear right onto Capouse Ave. 23.97 miles Bear left onto Wyoming Ave. 24.03 miles Bear right onto Electric St. 24.07 miles Turn right onto N. Washington Ave. 24.15 miles Turn right onto Delaware St. 24.38 miles Turn left onto Capouse Ave. 25.23 miles Turn right onto N. Washington Ave. 26.20 miles FINISH at Federal Courthouse/Courthouse Square. The Tour de Scranton. Each day's obituaries, delivered to your inbox. "Scranton Half-ers, rejoice!," the post reads. If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. >@E@C:DED[ 96 D2:5]k^Am, kAmQ(6 ;FDE 2D< E92E A6@A=6 36 4@?D:56C2E6 2?5 ECJ ? The point-to-point course runs through 14 communities and includes approximately 4.2 miles of paved rails-to-trails along the Lackawanna River. After you make the turn you have a little drop that can really tweak your quads. $EC66E H:== 4=@D6 2E g 2]>] E@52J 2?5 C6@A6? Theres something for everyone on Sunday in the Hill Section. Park. //-->, October, 2023 PARKING:On-site parking is available at the key addresses mentioned above. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default. Box 20126, Scranton, PA 18502 Tel. There are 14 official stations and several port-a-lav . 2023 Steamtown Marathon. H:E9 2 76H 6I46AE:@?D[ E9FD =:>:E:?8 67764ED @? Halfway Point Between Scranton, SC and Marathon, NY. Read how we use cookies and how you can control them by visiting our Privacy Policy. If you run it smart, its a good course., I have never felt so much pain after a marathon! Only about 1900 runners actually finished the race (many dropped out ahead of time, and many didn't . Proceeds from the event will benefit the continued development of the . Low 34F. A deceptive challenge by foot. The above Scranton Half Marathon promotions are right at the moment the best across the internet. 5 Mile Mark on Scranton Ave. Steamtown Marathon Scranton, PA, USA Oct 11 2015 The way down. October 2023. The Steamtown Marathon is a nationally recognized, USATF certified event that has been ranked by Runners World as the 6th best overall marathon and a top 10 marathon for first-time marathoners. Example video title will go here for this video. Scranton Running Company presents the Electric City Classic 1-mile Dash to jumpstart the day if you prefer to sprint on foot instead of two wheels. All Rights Reserved. An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup. BACK FOR 2023. 2=@?8 }@CE9 (2D9:?8E@? follows surrounding urban and then rural highways with a brief 2 mile stretch of trail beside the Lackawanna River. Our route MT05 bus stops at 9 stops between Louisville and Mayfield. The Steamtown Marathon benefits the children and residents of. I have seen and have experienced first-hand what running these hills means to a runner. Running downhill beatsup your quads and yes, you think you aregoing easy. I registered for it back in May, exactly one week after I'd run the Sugarloaf Marathon. Should take about two and a half hours. ]k^Am, kAmu@C E96 >@DE A2CE[ CF?