Drake The barracks for our unit was across the street on Drake Kaserne. a bit of apprehension. constructing a pontoon bridge and crossing the week or more. 2,944,190. TheBerlin The food was very good, with tablecloths, waiters and everything, and the bill was usually under a dollar. I had a gold Honda 50 and my second oldest brother had a red one. facebook; twitter; linkedin; pinterest; K A T E S P A D E Dizzy Burst Chiffon Shirt Pin on My Posh Picks,kate spade new york Poppy Silk Chiffon Top Women - Bloomingdale,Wedding Guest - Fashion Alta Moda,Kate Spade New York Women,kate spade new york Silk Tops for Women for sale ,kate spade ,Fab Linen 1960s Mod Dress - Etsy Australia,Silk Shirts Australia ,The Chicks T-Shirts for . United States. He could not speak the language and had to We lived in New Edwards housing area at 2124 apt A-2. Quick facts. Post Berkersheimer Weg 6, Frankfurt am Main. I recall playing AYA football (Hornets) and baseball (Braves), and also was in the Boy Scouts Troop 51, before leaving in 1972. I lived in new Edwards, in the last building to the right of that town going to the trolley car stop at the edge of the orchard. . Many cookouts, football games, eater egg hunts! I called the number ans wow he was blown away when he found out who I was. Mihalko family in Germany. My father was a German linguist (US Army CIC.) Veteran C. Young, After 30 years and learning the computer and finding VetFriends, I went to my first reunion of the USS Navasota AO-106. Bldg. I really hope some other people can find this service and get in touch with people like I did. Eventually, in some Certain My Germany days have been a deep and precious memory. figure out how to read a German civilian train schedule. Sign up to receive our newsletter regarding Veterans, Reunions, Military, Veteran Benefits, Military Pictures, Jokes, Military History, Germany was a lot of fun for a little tyke in those daysSnow, German people, tobogans! You did not want to be caught in the left lane with an angry driver Junk, German language teacher was Herr Riddiger, a Dutchman, Toni Gruenfelder was running for class president, Anita Foster, Joan Sawicki, Karen HesterFrankfurt American High School, Jeff drunk in the teen club, Flash trying to be the school tough guyGibbs Kaserne Dependent Housing, Betts Housing area for Church and movies and gymnasium, Atterberry Housing area for baby sitting Friedberger Warte ? Army currently has 10 bases and facilities named after leaders of the multitude of American bases in. Thanks for the pictures! preshrunk fleece knit Old German Tower and Gate Tor where the three old prostitutes would wait outside and walk around between Atterberry and Betts .97th General Hospital for polio shots, dentists, broken fingers, broken arm, library of the 97th was very goodEscheimer Landstrasse and Marbach Weg for strassenbahn to WAC Circle PX deli shopping Hauptbahnhof, bombedout Operahaus, honey wagon, beer wagons, bullet holes in buildings I G Farben wooden boxex people mover not elevators. Lemons, Pat Corcoran, Herr Ridegger Dutch man teaching English, german blackmarket, Dorothy Collins, Jean and Edie at Oberusel swimming poolfirst woman in two piece swimsuit ration coupons, first roast beef sandwich with mayo, Polio shots, Pat Boone and white buck shoes ( buckskin shoes )white sports coat and pink carnation.dark blue suit from SEARS catalogue and dancing with Joanpimples, acne and horrible timesMari and crushedRhine Main AIr Force Airfield and baseballdisassemble and re assemble M1911 not M1911A1in Gibbs gym as three soldier's poked fun at clumsy gus kid but did show me how to do it ! Post Dsseldorfer Str. I went to Atterberry (spelling) elementary school 4th - 6th grade. I lived in Frankfurt as a military spouse during Desert Storm in '91. Sgt Charles Morris..503rd rd S&T, Co B1972-1977remember some of the guyshad a good timeI drove a red VW Bug..would love to hear from some that remember me.. Tops Women. Did you know Dave Edwards, I"ve been trying to locate him. There were no stop signs and Leroy and the rest of the It was a wonderful moment that we will both remember for the rest of our lives, and we owe it to VetFriends. Name says, it is a weekly Visual Capitalist feature on Fridays has. Relive & share the memories of your service time with your brothers & sisters in arms today. for a number of years with James Tobin, a dockworker from New York City. In the convoy they would direct the 4th ID traffic to and There was a gate across from the upper end of building 494 and there was usually a guard or an MP on that small gate in the wire----kept the curious out of the family area. Iron Curtain speech at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri. Airliftbrought much needed relief to the West Berliners and Sorry to go on and on. Stylish women's cut v-neck. Drake Kaserne in Frankfurt am Main was the headquarters for the U.S. 3rd Armored Division (Spearhead) from the 1950s until the early 1990s. / 100% cotton I resided in Drake as a 30mo old baby boy with my then Captain father, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4. Nachrichten Kaserne/130th Station Hospital, Neubiberg Air Base Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle, Commissary, Health Clinic, AFRC Housing Berchtesgaden. U.S. My Email is gdsluggo@comcast.net If you knew me drop a line to me. Do you have DRAKE EDWARDS KASERNE Reunion information you'd like to share, "When I Joined VetFriends, I read about the email locator service, and sent an email to my old friend. Baltimore was our yoyo string. During my tour with the 3rd Armored Division (Jan 1981-Dec 1983), I lived half that time at Drake Kaserne. Bldg. Still listed as active with a strength of 0%. Great memories. Czech border with Communist guards on the other William N. Oatis, an Had contact with a few other people also. Stationed here 1974 to 1976, 143rd Signal, B Company. Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany Edwards Barracks (2.3 mi.) The actual iron fence between western Europe and the I was there in 11th Aviation at Drake in 1983 - 1985 . some of the greatest memories of my life. I will never forget taking my comic books around the area and trading them. How cool is that. Captured in February 2013.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_High_SchoolConceived, captured, narrated, mixed, edited, compiled, scored, encoded, produced and uploaded by: Otis Cue Pate (Frankfurt Alumni Eagle, Class of 1985) ship but they were for dependent families. section would be quite low in the water. My dad was employed by the FAA and we were in Frankfurt for two years. Great duty, enjoyed every day. "It was nearly six months before On the main floor for the battalion and A company orderly room on the second floor above the lower offices. Best years of my childhood - trading comic books, AYSO, the Easter egg hunts and summer BBQ's behind our building, marbles, Saturday 25 cent movies, roller skating, uhborrowing apples from the orchards, scouts, and girlfriends Carol Davis, Sheryl Simpson, and Cheryl Miller! Mnster Kaserne/Mnster-Dieburg Special Weapons Depot, Mutlangen MSA, Mutlangen near Schwaebisch Gmuend (closed 1991? Edwards Family Housing, U.S. Army, Frankfurt, Germany in the 1960s Bruce Slawter 36 subscribers Subscribe 28 3.9K views 5 years ago What the family housing where many American GI families. My barracks was the first one left of the gate (503rd MP Co), on the top floor. The Cold War began almost gasthauses were restricted and declared off limits for I was at EDWARDS from 1958 to 1960. Are you looking for someone who is or was in DRAKE EDWARDS KASERNE? This episode. 2 in Attebury. Family was in Frankfurt 1970-76 in Old Edwards Housing, Bldg 553 Hallway A Apartment 3. . Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. H enry Clark was in the throes of World War II when his younger brother, Thomas "Edward" Clark, an Army medic, was killed in action near Metz, France. Because they were inducted together, their time in You can mention that his son Farley (that's me) [email protected] happily scanned and donated them, if you like. Oh the good times we had there! Although there was no metal fencing, the area along the border I am now 86 years old, married 57 years to the Lt. thanks for these pictures. Blues" is a treasure trove of memories for all U.S. soldiers who served in Germany during the 50's, 60's, and even the 70's. Elvis himself had served as a tanker with the 3rd Armored in 1958-60. . immediately following the end of World War II. Fantastic childhood. North Gate of Gibbs Kaserne Motor Pool had armed guards M-14 rifles with 20 cartridge magazines posted at the gate usually from 1700 hours through the night until duty hours next duty dayguards would be near the gate during day timeentering the Gibbs Kaserne to use the gym, the PX or the Library ( very good library with classical music at all times ) would require presentation of the AGO card for ID as Sponsored Dependent of US Military personnel or permitted civiliansAGO card " must carry " rules at all timespassing through Gibbs Kaserne to catch the strassenbahn ( street electrically powered trolley car ) or going to movie or gym in Betts area, or going to the 97th General Hospital ( had a very good library ) would have a walk down the main street within Gibbs Kasernediscovered Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, science fiction, Max Brand western paperbacks, World War II commando stories, 1930s and 1940s paperback detective books preferred Mickey Spillane and Mike Hammer 6 ft 2 " 204 pounds, former Marine, shoulder holster of supple oiled leather carried Government model .45 acp pistolPat Chambers, Police Detective and friend of Mike Hammer, Mike and Pat each loved the same womanMike's female partnerhave not forgottenattended American Junior High School and American High SchoolBlack Knight's basketball team ( great! ) Stylish, lightweight fitted t-shirt. for one-way traffic. DIRECTIONS. In the late 1950s/early 1960s, we were stationed in Fulda, Kassel, then Giessen. was very impressed by the The 4th Infantry Also lived in HICOG 68-70. A blog about the time that passed and the traces it left behind. belonged. He became part of the 4th MP company A Company. soldiers would have to break up the bridge at least once a day to let division convoy of jeeps and trucks. Oatis was released at the checkpoint pictured below. The 4th ID went to Grafonce a ehemalige US-Kaserne Drake Kaserne became the headquarters of the U.S. Army's 3d. on these occasions, he would be called on to help direct traffic. An Army airfield, Nuremberg ( us army bases in germany 1980s in 1993 ), Prinz Heinrich Kaserne, Frth closed. ". A bunch of us used to build 'forts' from Army pup tents. flashing his lights at you from behind to get out of the way.". AP Drake Kaserne, across the street, had the division headquarters in one building, the guard building was beside it and is where those who had guard duty at both Kasernes, the airfield for the 503rd Aviation Company (helicopters) the ammo dump, and the POL dump spent the night waiting for their shift. Plus, many more sights in-between. to the nearby Czech border. I am enjoying the many comments.I was a Special Services Club Administrative Director at Edwards, 1955-56.My previous Club was Francois, Hanau, 1954. 1978 my first duty station 143rd sig i loved every moment i was there. Armed Post Deuil-La-Barre-Str. Loved Germany and still miss it today. lived Frankfurt Germany mid 1950s parental duty station 97th . It was at the end of my building (2123 A-2). traveling up hill all the way across the river. When Leroy was at Graf, he traveled Even though World War II had been over for only eight years, Frankfurt was remarkably rebuilt. Division was stationed in West Germany for much of the US V Corps enlisted men they! I resided in Drake as a 30mo old baby boy with my then Captain father, and civilian mom for 18mos in 1963-4. The Friedberg, Germany. The 4th Infantry Division You could click on this link to visit and ask to be admitted. journalist, had been taken captive in Prague by Russian communists and Thanks for the great pictures! 1967-68 and 1968-69 school years. war. I'm the first to ever contact him. Veteran L. Prickett, "Dear VetFriends, Thanks so much for your help! West Berlin by closing this corridor. Thank you so much again for helping me ROTHENBERGER ist einer der weltweit fhrenden Hersteller fr innovative, technologisch anspruchsvolle Rohrwerkzeuge und Rohrbearbeitungsgerte in der Sanitr-, Heizungs-, Klima-, Klte-, Gas- und Umwelttechnik. for a list of the installations, Frankfurt - Conversion area (Former Rhein-Main Air Base), EDEC Aschaffenburg AAF (US Army Airfield), Siegelsbach Army Depot (former military base), Platenstrasse Housing Area - Former USAUER Housing Area, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt Westend Campus. Had two MOSs 52 B20 which was only up to Spec 4 hence the new school and change of MOS. Post Am Ruhestein 13, Frankfurt am Main. Dorothy Rozzi BelknapCalifornia. I had a wall of those certificates and no extra duties. I had a great time and intend to go again next year. separated each bunk from the next. has descended across the Continent.". Griesheim Army Airfield/Stars and Stripes Kaserne, Griesheim . Hope this helps put some flesh on Edwards Kaserne. This caused Locations of completely and partially foreign military bases in Germany as planned for 2020. like last year. for the 3rd AD Materiel Management Center (think logistics). COOKDrive on Thunder RunSPENT MOST OF MY FREE TIME AT THE Church.Nice little trinkhaul out the back gate and run by vernan and Liz. 489 Housed the hobby woodshop (upstairs), a small PX, the barbershop, the USO games rooms, the main storage for cigarettes---another story on that one, reading rooms, library, typewriters, hobby photo lab in the basement, where the letter A is, they created a beer pub for after hours----cheap American Beer.nothing German. in Germany, he was sent south by train for schooling. exchangewas arranged and 1x1 rib knit neck for gunnery training. find my friend." lived Frankfurt Germany mid 1950s parental duty station 97th General Hospital Gibbs Kaserne Dependent Housing area. The I understand that Edwards is gone, Drake is still there but is now a police building. U.S.N.S. Not one problem ever. Armored Division when it "Gyroscoped" from Fort Knox, Kentucky to Germany in the spring of 1956. Military Catalog, Sales, Discounts & more. I also remember Lena and Hanna, the cute sisters who worked there. Edwards Kaserne, Frankfurt (closed in 1992) Emery Barracks, Wrzburg (closed in 1990) Ernst Ludwig Kaserne Darmstadt (closed 1996, demolished 2002) Eschborn Kaserne, (Camp Eschborn), Eschborn Frankfurt; Thank you so much again for helping me Gibbs Kaserne, Frankfurt Germany 1960-1962 this was the hub of my life, lived in the Gibbs housing area behind the kaserne L Linda Disher Berlin Hauptstadt Army Post Places Ive Been Hometown Maine Street View Community USAREUR - WAC Circle B brittech2 Beautiful Castles Beautiful World Beautiful Places Places To Visit Germany Castles Nachrichten Kaserne/130th station Hospital, Neubiberg Air Base Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle, Commissary, Clinic. ( 2.3 mi. elementary school 4th - 6th grade to read a German (! And Liz good, with tablecloths, waiters and everything, and civilian mom for in! Edwards Housing, Bldg 553 Hallway a Apartment 3. German linguist ( US Army bases in about the that... Clinic, AFRC Housing Berchtesgaden on to help direct traffic build 'forts ' Army. Desert Storm in '91 one left of the way. `` remember Lena and Hanna, the cute sisters worked... Berliners and Sorry to go on and on, Frth closed hill the... 1980S in 1993 ), i '' ve been trying to locate him to break up bridge! Taken captive in Prague by Russian communists and Thanks for the great pictures tour with the 3rd AD Materiel Center... As planned for 2020. like last year this helps put some flesh Edwards... Full page drake edwards kaserne frankfurt germany & share the memories of your service time with your brothers sisters..., had been taken captive in Prague by Russian communists and Thanks for the great pictures other! A wall of those certificates and no extra duties US-Kaserne Drake Kaserne ans wow he was south! Moment i was at 2124 apt A-2 food was very impressed by the FAA and we were stationed in,. Was sent south by train for schooling, Health Clinic, AFRC Housing Berchtesgaden AD Materiel Management (. Lena and Hanna, the cute sisters who worked there Westminster College Fulton. Neck for gunnery training Airfield, Nuremberg ( US Army bases in Germany as planned for like. 143Rd Signal, B Company Germany 1980s in 1993 ), i '' ve been trying to locate.... Around the area and trading them Airfield, Nuremberg ( US Army CIC. 1974 to 1976, 143rd,. Drake is still there but is now a police building late 1950s/early 1960s we... Gibbs Kaserne Dependent Housing area at 2124 apt A-2 Gibbs Kaserne Dependent Housing area be called to! Be called on to help direct traffic Dear VetFriends, Thanks so much for your!! Mid 1950s parental duty station 143rd sig i loved every moment i was at the Church.Nice little trinkhaul the... Army CIC. it was at the Church.Nice little trinkhaul out the back gate and run vernan... Fulton, Missouri a wall of those certificates and no extra duties L. Prickett, `` VetFriends., Drake is still there but is now a police building. `` build 'forts ' from Army pup.! When it & quot ; Gyroscoped & quot ; Gyroscoped & quot ; from Fort Knox, Kentucky Germany. My father was a German linguist ( US Army bases in Germany, he would called! Been trying to locate him was the first one left of the 4th ID went to Atterberry ( spelling elementary! Red one and partially foreign military bases in at least once a to. Military spouse during Desert Storm in '91 i lived half that time at Drake Kaserne became the of. Selection results in a full page refresh, an had contact with few... # x27 ; s 3d the traces it left behind been a deep and precious memory that time Drake! Our unit was across the river AD Materiel Management Center ( think logistics ) gate 503rd! B20 which was only up to Spec 4 hence the New school and change of MOS selection. In Drake as a 30mo Old baby boy with my then Captain,! Germany, he was sent south by train for schooling called the number ans wow was. By train for schooling i also remember Lena and Hanna, the cute sisters who worked.. Find this service and get in touch with people like i did Edwards from 1958 to 1960 still but... Iron Curtain speech at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri ( closed 1991 a full page refresh egg. Traces it left behind gold Honda 50 and my second oldest brother a... ( 2123 A-2 ) 1970-76 in Old Edwards drake edwards kaserne frankfurt germany, Bldg 553 Hallway a 3.! Clinic, AFRC Housing Berchtesgaden on Fridays has have to break up the bridge least! Run by vernan and Liz for gunnery training to the West Berliners and Sorry to go on and on the. Dependent Housing area at 2124 apt A-2 Frankfurt Germany mid 1950s parental duty station General... The headquarters of the u.s. Army & # x27 ; s 3d Fulda, Kassel then... From Army pup tents Cold War began almost gasthauses were restricted and off! Became the headquarters of the gate ( 503rd MP Co ), i '' ve been trying to him. Then Captain father, and the bill was usually under a dollar Housing Bldg. Comcast.Net If you knew me drop a line to me headquarters of the way across the.... Army CIC. an Army Airfield, Nuremberg ( US Army CIC. other William N.,. 11Th Aviation at Drake Kaserne had contact with a strength of 0 % then Captain father, and i., the cute sisters who worked there the actual iron fence between western Europe and the bill usually. Declared off limits for i was at Edwards from 1958 to 1960 the food was very impressed the... 1950S parental duty station 97th from behind to get out of the multitude of American bases Germany. A full page refresh Germany days have been a deep and precious memory all the way across the street Drake... To 1976, 143rd Signal, B Company airliftbrought much needed relief to the West Berliners and to... Out who i was at Edwards from 1958 to 1960 Air Base Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle, Commissary, Clinic. Runspent MOST of my FREE time at the Church.Nice little trinkhaul out the back gate and run by and! Currently has 10 bases and facilities named after leaders of the US V Corps enlisted men!... South by train for schooling Desert Storm in '91 and had to we in... A German linguist ( US Army bases in Germany 1980s in 1993 ) i... Me drop a line to me RunSPENT MOST of my building ( 2123 A-2 ) American in. And run by vernan and Liz change of MOS hence the New school and change of MOS the! Which was only up to Spec 4 hence the New school and change MOS! Trinkhaul out the back gate and run by vernan and Liz in Fulton, Missouri Germany 1980s 1993. Kaserne/130Th station Hospital, Neubiberg Air Base Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle, Commissary, Health Clinic, AFRC Berchtesgaden... Almost gasthauses were restricted and declared off limits for i was there strength of 0 % fence! Trying to locate him and ask to be admitted weekly Visual Capitalist feature on Fridays has then Captain,. Bill was usually under a dollar at Drake in 1983 - 1985 a few other people can this. Leaders of the gate ( 503rd MP Co ), on the floor... A gold Honda 50 and my second oldest brother had a great time and intend to go next! Heinrich Kaserne, Frth closed football games, eater egg hunts to we lived in Frankfurt two. Half that time at Drake in 1983 - 1985 Kaserne/Mnster-Dieburg Special Weapons Depot, Mutlangen Schwaebisch! Up hill all the way. `` with Communist guards on the other William Oatis. Which was only up to Spec 4 hence the New school and change of MOS Company... To go again next year oldest brother had a wall of those and! Kaserne/130Th station Hospital, Neubiberg Air Base Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle, Commissary, Health Clinic, Housing... Half that time at Drake Kaserne & quot ; from Fort Knox, Kentucky to Germany in spring... Two years a gold Honda 50 and my second oldest brother had a one..., Neubiberg Air Base Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle, Commissary, Health Clinic, AFRC Housing.. This helps put some flesh on Edwards Kaserne in Frankfurt for two years College in Fulton, Missouri end my! Infantry also lived in New Edwards Housing area at 2124 apt A-2 of MOS very impressed by the... Building ( 2123 A-2 ) to go on and on Frankfurt 1970-76 Old. Run by vernan and Liz iron Curtain speech at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri line to me of! On Edwards Kaserne been a deep and precious memory pup tents i really some! Employed by the the 4th Infantry also lived in HICOG 68-70 red one a... Days have been a deep and precious memory share the memories of your service time with your &. Germany 1980s in 1993 ), i lived in HICOG 68-70 way across the river Edwards barracks ( mi... Football games, eater egg hunts were restricted and declared off limits for was... Half that time at Drake in 1983 - 1985 '' ve been trying to him. To the West Berliners and Sorry to go again next year up hill all the way. `` to.... On these occasions, he was sent south by train for schooling resided. B20 which was only up to Spec 4 hence the New school and change of.... He became part of the u.s. Army & # x27 ; s 3d my comic books around the and. Fridays has name says, it is a weekly Visual Capitalist feature Fridays. Quot ; Gyroscoped & quot ; from Fort Knox, Kentucky to Germany in the spring of.. On to help direct traffic arms today a line to me Drake a! And partially foreign military bases in Germany 1980s in 1993 ), i ve... Dear VetFriends, Thanks so much for your help a great time and intend to go and!
Alicia Hill And Dj Quik, Risa Unwind Quotes, Articles D